Are you driven by mission and the knowledge that your work is building stronger communities? Are you a passionate champion for children and families disadvantaged by circumstance or in search of new opportunities? Do you thrive in a collaborative work environment? At Pathways we nurture young children and support families impacted by economic and social inequity through programs that educate, enrich, empower and motivate.
We are looking to hire a Communications Manager at our Gloucester location to represent the organization and contribute as part of the Pathways leadership team. The Manager will oversee internal and external communications, with the goal of increasing general awareness, supporting recruitment and building philanthropic support for Pathways for Children. The Manager will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that enhances brand visibility and organizational reputation. S/he will manage the production of critical print/media materials, including but not limited to the annual report, special event collateral, agency promotional pieces and public presentations.
We value collaboration and appreciate open dialogue in each program and within our corporate office and embrace the core values - respect, trust, collaboration, and opportunity. We work hard to provide a safe and respectful environment for our employees, children and families
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE: Candidates must submit a Cover Letter, Resume and Writing Sample
WHAT WILL YOU DO? (A full job description will be provided for review as part of the recruitment process)
- Develop the organization’s media strategy and oversee its editorial products and publications; liaise with the media to serve as the agency’s spokesperson.
- Develop digital strategies and collateral (social media, e-newsletters, video, additional channels) which drive and enhance Pathways’ presence, and expand and engage a digital audience.
- Increase awareness of Pathways for Children as an early education and social services agency, in order to support recruitment of staff and students and fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to develop and implement creative marketing strategies that will support organizational needs.
- Oversee website content and architecture management to support institutional needs.
- Develop a new brand guide and materials to educate staff on communication best practices, processes and guidelines.
- Monitor the communications budget and make recommendations for resource allocation in accordance with the annual plan.
- Research and evaluate PR opportunities in various media, recommend direction and placement; develop messaging for targeted audiences.
- Attend and assist assigned events as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- BS degree in communications or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience managing the internal/external communications for an organization.
- MS Office, knowledge of one or more publication/graphics platforms (including Canva), experience using and leveraging social media platforms (especially Facebook and Instagram). Some level of Squarespace knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the role
- Must comply with all state and federal requirements
- Must complete and satisfy background check protocols
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Internal growth! We often hire from within to help our employees reach their greatest potential
On-going training and Professional Development provided free of charge, and tuition reimbursement
Generous Heath and Dental Insurances, Life and Long Term Disability Insurances
Retirement Plans such as 401 (K) and ROTH – with employer match upon meeting eligbility and vesting requirements
Earned Time Off (sick, personal, and vacation time)
EOE/AA . We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ, or individuals from communities that are historically underrepresented to apply.