Parent & Community Outreach Assistant
Full-time 35 Hours – per week Gloucester
General Responsibilities: This position assists with family events, trainings, and community involvement initiatives that support family, child, and community partnerships. Works under the direction of the Parent and Community Outreach Manager and in collaboration with other program staff in a team approach to facilitate and ensure the implementation of the Head Start Performance Standards and the written parent/family/community engagement plan.
- Helps to recruit parent and community members for involvement within the program.
- Works collaboratively with other staff and component areas in planning parent trainings based on parent needs, interests, and parent input.
- Works within the community to support parent involvement and parent access to community services.
- Documents parent contacts and tracks parent involvement data (tracking forms, questionnaires, charts, and monthly volunteer hours) for in-kind contributions to the Head Start program.
- Assists and represents the program with recruitment initiatives involving public events, advertising, or other program promotional activities.
- Responsible for enrolling, maintaining and tracking family subscriptions for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library (DPIL) database
- In conjunction with the Parent and Community Outreach Manager supports Head Start student recruitment activities throughout the year.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a high school diploma (some college preferred) with at least 2 years of experience working in a setting involving children and families or customer service.
- Must be able to read and write proficiently in English and Spanish (Bi-Lingual English/ Spanish).
- Must be proficient with computers and technology devices for effective communication and reporting purposes.
- Successfully complete an employment physical within one year of hiring date
- Pass CORI, SORI, DCF, and fingerprint clearance
- Possess valid MA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance and acceptable driving record
- Ability and willingness to travel between centers located in Salem, Beverly and Gloucester
Excellent Benefits: Health, Dental, Long-Term Disability and Life insurances. 401(k) and Roth retirement plans. Earned Time Off (sick, vacation and personal), Paid Holidays.