Teacher Assistant Head Start
$1,000 - SIGN-ON BONUS - $300 after 3 months, $700 at the end of June
Gloucester - 37.5 hrs. per wk. at 44 wks. per yr.
Pathways for Children- Head Start Assistant Teacher
Do you enjoy working with young children? Would you like support while you do a job you like, with the potential to further your career? At Pathways, we nurture young children and families and we also invest in our teachers and assistant teachers by offering them mentoring, educational coaching, professional development opportunities, and opportunities to expand their careers if they desire to do so. We are looking to hire a Head Start Assistant Teacher who will appreciate young children and be supportive of the classroom atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of child development and a background in early childhood education as well as experience working with young children. We value collaboration and appreciate open dialogue in all our programs and at all of our sites. Our core values are- respect, trust, collaboration, and opportunity.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assist with the activities of the children in the classroom and on the playground
- Assist with the implementation of the curriculum and school readiness goals
- Provide appropriate supervision to ensure a safe and clean environment
- Participate in training opportunities and attend required meetings
- Respect co-workers and families and maintain confidentiality
- Bend and lift to assist children and perform duties
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- CDA Credential or EEC Preschool Lead Teacher certification
- Minimum of 9 months experience working with children
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the role
- Must comply with all state and federal requirements
- Must complete and satisfy background check protocols
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Generous Health and Dental Insurance, Life and Long Term Disability Insurances
On Going training and professional development opportunities to advance career
Internal growth! We often hire from within.
Retirement Plans such as 401K and ROTH
Earned Time Off (sick, personal, and vacation)
EOE/AA We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ educators from communities that are historically underrepresented to apply